Thursday, May 24, 2012

The Implications are as Concerning as they are Intriguing

I've tried to come up with something funny to say about the following image - but I think I'll let it stand on it's own. SOE began to send these out to the media outlets...

For those of us not fortunate enough to have received Planetside 2 Diapers, a change of pants may be in order.
Presumably they'll be required for what they have in store at E3.

So I've been absent over the last four days, getting ready for my big move on the 1st of June, and there's been a couple of things other than diapers that have been released. So lets get right down to business - first up we have Totalbiscuit's second and third videos.

So in this video, TB struggles with controlling his pimped out "Loverator" - but more importantly, he gives us all what we're craving, and that's more in game footage. When he's not crashing, he's able to give us a look at what we can expect when it comes to customizing our vehicles. From frilly to functional, it seems like the SOE team is going all out to let us personalize these vehicles both visually as well as functionally.



In this next video, TB takes the time to explain to his fan base just what Planetside 2 is. There's a lot of repetition in here for the foaming-at-the-mouth fan. What it does hold for us though, is a lot of beautiful gameplay footage, and a sneak peak about what to expect from the cash shop. Personally, there's a lot of nostalgia in this video for me, even though I didn't play the original Planetside, references to Neocron and the first iteration of WoW's Alterac Valley are both points of my gamer hipster pride. One really cool thing we haven't had the chance to see yet comes at time index 12:50, where TB drops down in a style that reminds me a lot of Section 8's spawning mechanic. Finally TB confirms that he does have some MAX footage ready to go, and is just waiting on another party who has exclusive rights to show it off to do so - my money is on it having something to do with SOE's E3 presentation. Either way, keep an eye on his You Tube channel!


Also breaking news, is SOE's latest teaser of PS2, titled Massive Air Combat. It's set to Wagner's Ride of the Valkyries - so I think you know what to expect. I actually found out about this video thanks to an SOE rep that hopped into PSU's chat room to let us know about it. The reason I bring that up is because I don't think I have ever been so impressed by a development team as I have been with SOE's. I mean, they came to us, and linked the video. Mind blown. So if you want to watch some footage of Planetside 2's aircraft gameplay, that doesn't involved Totalbiscuit crashing into something, check out the video below.



Of course then we have Hamma's visit to SOE's studios out in San Diego, which yielded a whole bunch of pictures. Sadly blogger doesn't let me organize them in any way fancier than a column, so you have my apologies for that. Click to enlarge, of course.

"The signature warp gate"
"Hvar Tech Plant"
"Deployed Turret" 
"Scythe cockpit by request!" 
"Sunderer!"
"AMP Station Zurvan"
"TR Galaxy"
"Spawn Tube!"
Now Hamma also brought a video camera down with him, where he had the chance to sit and talk with Matt Higby and company, but that won't be released until next Tuesday. Keep an eye on Planetside-Universe.com for that.

We also had development team member Margaret Krohn gave an interview on the Vanu Sovereignty to MMORPG.com. You may remember Xander Clauss doing a very similar piece on the Terran Republic on them not too long ago. Money say's we've got a New Conglomerate on up on MMORPG.com before E3.

Now I'm rushing to finish this as I have to be on my way, and the constant stream of content releases today has slowed the making of this post considerably, so if I've missed anything, I'll update the page later tonight. But until then, take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment